Usability Testing for Websites
Usability testing is necessary if you want to maintain an effective website. The fact that users are not complaining about the site does not necessarily mean they are using it efficiently and they are satisfied with the performance.
Most visitors will not bother to complain about their experience unless they are outraged by it or you have built in a system that allows them to contact you easily every time they run into a problem.
How We Improve Your Visitor Retention Rate
- New visitors to a site may leave for any of the following reasons:
- They may decide the site does not offer what they are looking for or just do not understand what the website is offering.
- They feel the home page takes a long time to download, so they decide not to wait.
- They follow a link to your website and do not find what they expected to find.
- They do not have or do not want to use a specific plug-in required to view your website.
Website owners have several options for improving visitor retention including:
- Posting updates regularly on the front page enticing visitors to return whether or not they follow links to additional pages
- Attracting attention using exit pop up ads
- Presenting visitors with a free offer on the front page
How We Determine Which Areas of Your Website Need Work
Usability testing offers an effective way to identify many different faults with your website. By improving usability, you can make the user's experience better and more productive.
The following problems will leave users with a negative impression of your company:
- Links that do not work
- Errors on the site
- Misspelled words
- Poor grammar
- A layout that is not intuitive
Visitors will return to a website that gives them the information they need and an overall positive experience.
We Help You Understand Your Target Audience
Conducting usability testing on your website will help you understand how visitors think and how they use the site. You cannot provide what your users want if you do not understand how your target audience thinks.
Enjoy Increased Profitability
You will automatically see an increase in sales if you take the time to improve the visitor experience, decrease instances of shopping cart drop-out and improve the retention rate of visitors.
To improve revenue, it is necessary to think like a potential customer. If you were a stranger visiting your site for the first time, would you be interested in purchasing the goods or services offered by your company? Are you reaching the proper target audience for what you are selling?
The final step in improving usability is to determine if you are making it easy for customers to purchase items after they make the decision to buy. You should make it obvious what visitors need to do to initiate their purchase.
Why Usability Testing Should be a Priority
Usability has always been a concern for companies doing businesses in many different sectors but it has only recently become important for website owners. This is why so many website designers have failed to test usability in the past.